The IECEU Ethical Committee(EC) consists of five members. To ensure balanced assessments, three members of the EC are not affiliated to the IECEU-project. The EC members hold a solid expertise on various fields relevant to the project, including: research ethics, personal data protection, protection of civilians and Human Rights.
In line with the IECEU Grant Agreement, the EC will:
- review, assess and approve on-going project procedures and deliverables (Assessments of Ethical Board will be made available and distributed to project participants)
- review and revise the IECEU ethical guidelines and WP implementation instructions in a close cooperation with the Project Coordinator
- ensure that the ethical standards and guidelines of the Horizon2020 will be implemented throughout the project (regardless of the location)
- review and approve the IECEU Case Study Reports (ensuring that an assessment of the legal, ethical and societal aspects of the project has been conducted)
- ensure that the project outcomes will meet the defined IECEU ethical standards
- ensure that gender issues are taken into account in the course of the research
- enhance the validity the project results through solid ethical consideration which in turn will improve the dissemination and applicability of the project results.